Google Translate

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Safety Campaigns

I have in part mentioned this topic before... like when I was talking about the trams. They have signs up about the trams weighing like thirty rhinoceroses. They also have adds about forest fires (on tv). They let you hear people screaming, and fire burning, and then all goes silent. Then they show you a burnt up car in a forset and a creepy voice goes "Listen to forest fire alerts, check the fire status before you leave home.", or something like that. There is also an add about home swimming pools... a kid goes "Stop! Have you checked your pool safety rules?" and goes over a really long list of home pool rules. They also have a really scary commercial where they call everyone bloody idiots... which brings me to my next mention of safety advertisement: the really busy road that runs right by my house, which looks like this:
Wonderful, isn't it? Well, if I want to, I can walk over there every day and look at it (not that I do that).
Anyways, today was kind of eventful. We went to the bike shop to get my bike fixed and they fixed it in like five minutes. Then, when we got back from the bike shop, we found that some little girl named Milly (she is our neighbor) was home. My sisters were playing with her for hours until dinnertime, and I got rather bored trying to figure out what to do (although I did find the cutest video in the world, email me if interested). Then after dinner we went to the famous Queen Victoria Market. It was really cool because they had awesome things to see (like precious stones, cute stuffed animals, so on). I got a sugar rush eating some ice cream, according to my parents. Vocabulary: According to all their adds, Australians like saying bloody idiot a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment