Google Translate

Monday, January 9, 2012

Bicycles

Bicycles here are a big thing, since gas is expensive (like everything else). Everybody rides them everywhere, they have big giant trailers for groceries, and so on. Buying the bikes is also expensive, just to mention it. Anyways, today I went on a bike ride. The reason for this ride was that my parents had bought a bike rack for me but were missing a few screws. We all rode there (except for my mom, since she was at work) and it was very stressful (at least for me). It was stressful because of Cat. She was riding behind me. She was all the time like at least two meters behind me, and cars got so close to her sometimes. I had to scream the whole time at her to hurry up or else get run over by a car. She would say that she was trying but then she would always fall even more behind. She also ran over me two times, and cut me off. The first time she totally bumped into my wheel flat on, which made me almost fall off. The second time she ran over my foot and it hurt because I was just wearing flip-flops (or thongs). I believe that she does not know how to use her breaks and I've noticed that she tries using her feet to stop herself, which is not going to help her. But she always refuses to listen to how to use her breaks, and always ends up out of control. Like when we were riding back: we were crossing a road, and she about to cross it. There was a tiny hill the preceded the road, and I do not know how she lost control on that. First, instead of going down the right way to the road, she went right over the curb. Then the other curb on the piece of sidewalk that was in the middle of the road. Then she narrowly missed crashing into me. It was almost as bad as her stunt ride that I mentioned once (the one where she looked like she was in a movie), but she survived. When I asked her what happened she made a face at me. Anyways, it was dangerous. Today my dad was unpacking some of his books, and now one and a half of our bookshelves are full. I got a box of my books as well, but can't put them on my bookshelf since it is damaged. It is damaged in such a way that if you put weight on the shelves in the case that they will collapse from the top to the bottom. I learned this the hard way and it smashed all my souvenirs from different places of the world. So now I have to store all my books in my wardrobe which is not convenient since it takes up space.Vocabulary: Also, my dad found a book called Australian English English Australian which is a book that has tons of Australian words. I read a teeny bit and decided that most of these words are not used in every day language because there are apparently like five different words for "idiot". I also saw that they had thongs instead of flip-flops in there. I even saw that there was a different word for rock which surely nobody uses (I can't remember what it is).

No comments:

Post a Comment