Google Translate

Friday, December 16, 2011

Trams

So I've decided that I would write about a new topic every post: in this case, trams. The  trams here are really scary. The city has signs put up that say something like: "If you saw a rhino on a skateboard coming toward you, you would run, right? Well, a tram weighs about thirty rhinos so it'll hurt a lot more than just that rhino on that skateboard. So watch. Listen. Be alert around trams." Most of that I did not make up. These signs are everywhere, and I have a problem that if I see something with words on it I will read it over and over, until I go to someplace else. The only part that I couldn't remember was this part, that I made up: "so it'll hurt a lot more than just that rhino on that skateboard." These signs just emphasize the fact that the trams are VERY dangerous. As you might know, the more you go into a city the more packed it gets. the trams are only in the center, maybe a little in the docklands. The roads are big, but not big enough. The first time my mom drove in the center she got scared that some tram would hit her, because they pass so close to the cars. The trams also have to obey the traffic laws, so the pedestrians and other cars can cross. They stop right on the line that separates the pedestrian road and the car road. You pass right by them, and you can feel their heat. I know I might be exaggerating a bit, but I have never really dealt with trams before. In Denver they were there, close to my school, but I never really noticed them, except when I had to cross a road and had to wait for one. So all in all, trams are scary, almost as much as the birds. My family got a different rental car, so now we can drive around. These last two days we have been walking around the center, where my mom works. By the way, my mom works in the University of Mebourne (Melbin). Today I even saw Santa at Target. Just in case you haven't received the good news, we just signed the contract for our rental house a few days ago. We will be moving in on Monday, or sometime next week. Vocabulary: Cinema, instead of movie theater. Singlet, as in tank top. And just for the people that think the word thongs funny, I went to target today. There was a part where there were some flip-flops, and guess what the sign said: Men's T-H-O-N-G-S.

No comments:

Post a Comment