Google Translate

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Ozone Hole

Alright, I know this is a strange topic to write about, but I'm writing about the ozone hole that is right above Australia. The ozone layer is a layer of the earth that protects us from the sun, but the one in Australia burned off a while ago. As some of you might know, it is summer right now. I'm walking a lot. The sun really does burn, and it is impossible to escape the heat. Today I was in Ikea, looking at furniture with my parents. When I went in I don't really remember noticing any temperature difference but when I went out... it was so hot and humid. Now I have to wear this giant hat (and I don't particularly like wearing hats, if I do say so myself) and put on sunscreen every day (I don't like putting on sun screen, its all greasy). And by the way, summer isn't in full swing yet... I will keep you updated. Today the temperature was about 30 degrees centigrade, about 90? degrees fahrenheit. Today I went to this lovely (to put it the australian way) market. My sisters got pony rides, and I saw a kookaburra (a really cool bird) but didn't hear it sing which is really sad because my dad says that kookaburras sing really pretty (apparently like a laugh, but who knows). I also bought his really cute hand- sewn horse (which I called William) which was blue. One of my sisters got a pink one, and the other a penguin. They are all really cute. Today it is also my mom's birthday. I gave her a present, and so did my sisters. My sisters and dad are suffering from mosquito bites (there are a lot of bugs here), but my mom isn't complaining and I'm perfectly fine. Vocabulary: Pram, as in stroller. a queue, as in a line. Loose stones, instead of falling rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment