Google Translate

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The School

Today I went to my future school to see an art show (there wasn't an impressive amount, but there was some art). Be reminded that there is no middle school here, so I'm going to be in elementary school again. By the way, in February I'm going back to school  again... summer break is going to start in a short time.  I met some girls that seemed pretty nice, and that toured me around the school (it is very small). The school has a huge sandbox in the playground, so I'm looking forward to recess.  After the school event we went to this place called Naked for Satan. They are a pretty cool restaurant (despite the name) because they sell pinxos. Pinxos are really good spanish sandwiches that I've only seen in Spain so far. I had tons of them. Going back in time, in the morning my dad, sisters, and I went to the center of Melbourne (the city, as Australians call it) and saw some cool little story in the window of the Australian Macy's (its called Myer's, I believe) which was singing the song "You Better Watch Out" the whole time. It was showing pictures of elves and santa and carolers. It was pretty cool. Vocabulary Words: Pants, meaning underpants. Trousers, meaning pants. Playtime, meaning recess. Mate, meaning friend or just general person. Barbie, meaning barbecue. G'Day meaning good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment