Google Translate

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Finally, Australia

Well, I'm in Australia. It finally feels like reality. I realized that on the way to the airport in Hawaii.I felt really scared there too because I thought that I might not see my friends again, which is kind of true. I hope that I will male good friends here too. My mom already started work yesterday, the day after we arrived from the plane. She works on a college campus, and school is already out. She claims that it is silent and empty. For your information, yes, it is really summer. The problem wth it is that its really cold in the morning, hot in the mid-day, and then cold again in the evening, so it is still too cold at times to be summer in my mind. When we flew over here we took two planes over here. First, one to New Zealand. Next, to Melbourne, or Melbin as the Australians pronounce it. Here french fries are chips, and ketchup is tomato sauce. Then what is pasta sauce, you ask? It is pasta sauce! The potato chips are also chips. Yesterday, while I was eating lunch, I realized something:birds are not shy here, not even pigeons. I had finished my lunch, and left some crumbs. I was talking with some friends of my mom's when my sisters told me to turn around,to the edge of the bench. There were maybe five pigeons sitting right there, coming closer to me. I got really freaked out and then my sisters started hitting and screaming at them with paper cups. Now,next time you got to Australia watch out for the pigeons under the table, because with the slightest movement of your feet, they will go flying. They scared me like ten times doing that, because they always brushed my legs in the process. We were also eating at an open-air mcdonalds (there waas NO other place to get ice-cream, believe it ornot) when like two birds flew in, barely touching my head. I also saw a magpie, the ones that peck at the highest point of your body, but when I asked about holding an umbrella over my head like my parents did in Sydney (they lived there for a year), everybody told me not to worry. Also, the crows are huge, like as big as the magpies. There's one living on our roof which is really loud. The birds here are really loud. Another funny thing that I found was a map: it was intentionally up- side down. I had a map like that in fifth grade too, but I never really payed any attention to the fact that Australia was at the top of the map... but I did this time. It was really funny. Also, my first impression of Australia was trees. There are lots and lots of them.  I think it's a very nice and busy place, Melbourne, and hope that I have a good life here. By the way, it's 19 days till Christmas here, not 20.

(Most of this post written on my nook)

1 comment:

  1. You r so lucky!You get to celebrate Christmas 1 day earlier than I do! But please watch out for subject verb agreement! Btw what date did u get in Australia?

    ReplyDelete