Google Translate

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Dinner

Since I have already written about the first half of Christmas I will write about the second half, starting with the ham. As far as I know neither my mom or dad know how to cook a ham, and they claim this too. They had to read all the instructions that were on the ham and my mom also had to do a bit of research on her computer. In the end, the ham turned out fine and was very tasty. we also had sweet potatoes (both sisters refused to eat it, but that was the main part of my meal. In the end they ended up eating normal potatoes) and green beans, with a lot of ham too. We kids drank sparkling apple juice, and the grownups drank wine (I spilled my mom's right before dessert with one of those lalaloopsy dolls). For dessert we had a yule log, otherwise known as buche de noel (Noel is french for Christmas). My sisters mainly played with their zhu- zhu pets while I sat on my bed and read with my lap desk. One of our neighbors stopped by and gave us a present, and we also found out that the neighbors were a family with two little girls about my little sisters' age. I have a 750 piece puzzle, so I was also working on that. Vocabulary: Prawns, as in shrimp. There is most likely more, but I can't remember so... maybe another day.

2 comments:

  1. Prawns are different ti shrimp even though they look the same. I'm not sure of they taste the same, probably not. I will never taste either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wht won't you taste any? And yes, I do believe they are different... it has just been half a year since I wrote this!

      Delete