Google Translate

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Houses

Houses here are much smaller, or I think so.  The closer you get to the city, the more expensive they get so you have to sacrifice space to get close to the city. Right now we're in a house that it very far away from the city, so it takes a long time to get there. The house that we're moving to in a few days is much closer, but it still takes a little while to get to the center because there is a lot of traffic (we're right by the highway or something like that). Also, the houses here are very long as oppose to wide, and personally, I like them better wide.Yesterday I went to the Big Day Out (yes, I got the name wrong before) and it was really fun. First the fifth and sixth graders went to this really big aquatic center. It was pretty cool because there were two giant slides, one that was really steep, and another that was all curvy and stuff. They do not go very fast, so they were not very exciting. I liked them anyways, though. Next we ate at the ice skating rink (I had to eat the vegetarian option because my teacher didn't know wether I was vegetarian or not, but it was still good). The weird thing was that on every table there were different juice boxes, which made everyone walk around and trade juice boxes. Next we had an ice skating class, which was pretty cool. They made us fall down on purpose and then get back up and we also had to skate touching the ground, and turn just by using our shoulders, etc. They eventually let us do our own thing. I was shrieking like a bird because I kept almost falling over (I didn't actually fall that much, believe it or not), and I was also talking to the teachers while I was skating (they were better at skating than myself). I am very popular among the girls (none of the boys acknowledge me) and everybody wanted to sit with me on the bus. The only problem I'm having is remembering all their names (I'm terrible at remembering names), so every once and a while I have to ask who somebody is. The moving truck just came to our new house yesterday morning (sadly, I missed all the moving in fun) and now the whole house is populated by boxes (well, at least the basement). I have unpacked most of my toys and stuff, but I still have a few missing. I don't really have any everyday clothes unpacked either, but I don't really mind since I have some here. Everyday I'm thinking about the time difference, because it is so vast. Basically, when I am sleeping, all of my friends' lives transpire, But while they're sleeping I do MY stuff. I find it strange, because I always actually lived WITH my friends. Santa is having an emergency. Vocabulary (or vocab, as Aussies [ozzies] would say): Lolly, as in lollipop. Choc, as in chocolate. presi, as in present, etc. The etc. is because there are way more words like that. Apparently, australians like shortening words A LOT, and I'm kind of worried that they'll start calling me Mel because my mom said they might.

1 comment: