Google Translate

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Summer

So, since I have no really good topic for today, I am going to talk about summer. As some of you might know, it is summer here, school is out and everybody is on vacation. Christmas felt really weird because, well... I could ride my bike outside without wearing a jacket! It was very interesting, and I still have New Years' and the Three Kings (I found out later that in english it is the three wise men, but I like three kings better) coming. It is kind of hard to get into the holiday mood also because many people don't put up decorations, except for a few people that either do it like an amusement park or just a little less than normal than in america. But that's alright, since I have seen Santa in stores. Today my dad discovered a spanish store, so now he knows how to stock up on some of his favorite things that he can't find in normal supermarkets, even though a few things are missing. Also, just now while I was playing in the park with my sisters, a boy came up to me and asked what we were doing. I was a little suprised at first, since boys never did that in the US, but we ended up having a good time together, all because he had come with a party of just grownups and I like riding around on a horse stick with a foam sword. It was fun, but he approached us right when we were leaving, so we could not frolic long. He seemed like a fun guy to play with, and asked if we could meet again, but he told me that he lived in Sydney and that he was leaving the day after tomorrow (or tomorrow, not sure). Also, as we were riding back home (me on my horse stick, my sisters on bikes) I witnessed a movie, right where there was action: Cat rolling down a hill. She was just going down a little hill very slowly when all of a sudden she lost control. She rolled down really fast, screaming of course, went over the curb, and almost crashed into a car. She turned around when she was going to hit the car, taking away the drama of it, and came to my dad and I, crying. Don't worry, she wasn't hurt at all, and it was actually kind of funny to watch (my dad laughed too). The rest of the way home my sister would not go up or down hills and would get off her bike and walked at the slightest provocation. Monkey did so as well. Cat would not listen to me on how to brake while you go down a hill, so Monkey and Cat both need lessons on how to use their brakes (yes, plural, since they have two brakes, one on the handle bars and the other by pedaling backwards), which I am not teaching, since they will not listen to me. I bet that if my dad had made a video of how Cat fell down the hill, it would make it to americas funniest videos, since, well, my dad and I were laughing. Vocabulary: Trainers, instead of sneakers, but I might have already mentioned this.

No comments:

Post a Comment