Google Translate

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sounds

Two nights ago I woke up to a weird sound: It sounded like snoring. But the weird thing about this snoring was that it was very fast, and very rhythmical, and a little hissy. I listened to the sound for a while before I decided to stop it, since I thought it was my sister that was on that side of the house. So I got up and then came over to her room... when  I realized that it was coming from the other side of that wall. I freaked and woke up my parents, but right when they woke up the noise stopped. My parents believed me though, because they had heard it the previous night: my dad had thought that it was the water running (it IS very noisy) and my mom thought that it was ME snoring. I wasn't able to sleep after that because fifteen minutes after I went to bed again this weird bird started singing this incredibly repetitive tune, until it finally went to another house when the sun rose. My parents and I asked around and found out that the weird animal making that noise was probably a possum. Last night it did not wake me up, but I still think that its there, doing creepy things. Yesterday we were house- hunting all day, as in driving around in a car across the whole city of Melbourne all day. I saw another Magpie yesterday, and there was this weird dog that chased us all the way to our house when we took a walk, and even lied on our doorstep for like fifteen minutes before it left. Vocabulary: Chook, as in chicken. Lemonade, as in sprite. Lemonade, as in lemonade. Stubbie, as in beer bottle. Dummy, as in pacifier. Margarita, as in cheese and tomato pizza. Marinara, as in seafood pizza. Rocket, as in arugula. Nappies, as in diapers.

1 comment: