Google Translate

Monday, December 26, 2011

Cinemas

Today my topic is about cinemas, because I just watched Tintin in one. First of all, I highly recommend Tintin, for it is funny and witty (a guy burped alcohol to keep a plane going), so I think it would be a very nice movie to watch for all ages. Second of all, back to the cinemas (the movie theaters, american style, but just easier to type). They are really expensive; it cost $90.00 for the five of us to go. My mom didn't even dare ask about the popcorn, and guess why. In the cinema I also found a movie that I really want to watch, but never saw advertised in the states when I left: The Hunger Games. I really love the book (books, since there are three, but I believe this is only the first one), and have decided that I will read it again sometime soon. friends: I have a mission. Tell me if you see advertisement for the Hunger Games yet. Today I was reading my book (Little Women, highly recommended) and read the funniest chapter: a chapter about their time in Christmas (there are at least two, if not more). I thought this was rather funny since it is basically Christmas here too. Also, as we were driving back home, my family noticed more bats! I can't believe that friends of ours in Australia (oz, just if you're curious about the nickname) haven't told us ANYTHING about these critters yet! There are so many of them, and they just fly forward in big packs, as if they were migrating. But logically they wouldn't be migrating, since it is in the middle of summer, and from what I know about animals, they usually migrate (if they migrate at all) when the weather starts getting cold again. They could be hunting, but, as I said before, they just fly in a line and never change altitude or course. They could be fruit eating bats, but it is not like they're flying down and looking at trees at all, so i discard this option as well. It is a total mystery to me, and also, just to add to the weirdness of the situation, they were flying over downtown, like in the middle of the city! I just can't understand it, so if you know ANYTHING that could help me with this puzzle you are welcome to tell me, by email of course. Also, there is a main railway station, which has a cool "MERRY CHRISTMAS" sign that lights up into different colors (green, red, white). Also, at home, I have had a shower crisis: my shower does not drain, so now I have to use my parents' shower. It was really annoying when I discovered this fact when I turned the shower on for a few minutes and it overflowed onto the whole bathroom floor. Luckily, there is another drain on the ground in my bathroom and I was able to put all the water in that drain (took a lot of work, I daresay). My room also has the problem that it does not have blinds, so my parents had to put a sheet up. Apparently the people we are renting from are kind of lazy, and have gotten the blind people to put up the blinds in mid January. JANUARY. My room is on the first floor, and has a giant window overlooking the front courtyard, so I kind of need those blinds so I can not have a sheet hanging from my window, and so that if I don't have a sheet I can relax about getting dressed and undressed without being seen. I am kind of annoyed, but will survive with the sheet hangind from my window. I have no vocabulary today, but another varied spelling is about ss instead of zs. I forget example words, but all i know is that when I try spelling these words with ss instead of zs the computer says it is spelled wrong (it is american, so who knows). I hope that I will remember these spelling differences in class and not forget to write them differently, since I will get a bad grade in spelling if I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment