Google Translate

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Beaches ( I know it should be about NEW YEAR'S EVE!)

Today is New Year's eve! I am so excited for midnight because my family bought sparklers (sticks that you light on fire that sparkle) for the new year (plus grapes), and I also like staying up really late. Yesterday I did not write because I was watching a weird Korean movie (it was about a monster invading and eating everybody up. It was supposed to be serious, but my dad and I laughed like crazy), but I'll tell you what I did. My family went to the Volvo car dealership to look at a van they had. We drove it around, picked up the mail, tested the sensors on the back, changed speeds on the highway, so on. I rather liked it, and apparently my parents did too, because we are getting it next week (six days, to be exact). After that we went and ate lunch out, and then drove back home to get ready to go to the beach. We had been planning to go to a beach farther out, since we thought that we weren't going to buy a car, but we ended up going to a nice little beach (not really little, though) in a place called St. Kilda. We played there for a while but eventually went back home to eat some leftovers from lunch. Today first thing in the morning my mom and dad made sure that everything was ready to go to the beach, since they had promised my sisters that we would go to the "famous beach" today. It was I think an hour drive to get there, and another to go back. I liked this beach better than St. Kilda's beach since it had no rocks or seashells to hurt your feet (only tons of seaweed that you have to dodge) and was every shallow with nice big waves that towered high but didn't sweep you away. I stayed in there for hours, more than anybody else. I only came out to eat every once in a while, and I liked it. It was also better than St. Kilda's beach because I could actually see what was under the water, whereas in St. Kilda it was all brown and you couldn't see a thing. Even if I had goggles I wouldn't have been able to see anything. If I had to choose which beach was the best I would choose the "famous beach" over St. Kilda's beach, because of the reasons that I just stated. I am also going to say that these have been some of the nicest beaches that I have been in (not that I can remember other beaches well) and would like to go to them again. Vocabulary: Tidy, instead of clean. Example: "Let's tidy up the beach!" instead of "Let's clean up the beach!"

No comments:

Post a Comment