Google Translate

Monday, December 19, 2011

Money

Everything is so expensive here. There aren't a lot of things that are the same in stock here, especially in toys, at least in my opinion. Santa might have a little trouble, and everyone may have to wait for the three kings to come (the Three Kings are three wizards that travel on their camels to give kids their presents. You have to leave carrots in your shoes and lots of water in a giant bucket. They are the spanish Santa, even though the spaniards celebrate Christmas. It happens on January sixth, and there is even a movie about it.). Anyways, today I went back to school. I worked on a project about the daily schedule in sixth grade with a sixth grader. I could not do anything, except for write, which didn't help much because I didn't know WHAT to write, so she basically did all the work (which I feel bad about). Before I went to the school I visited my new house. We have just bought a little Christmas tree from Ikea (not real) and my sisters and I were putting it together and putting ornaments on it (also from Ikea). If I created some confusion about what time I was moving into the house, sorry. I did not mean THIS Monday, but the next (although we are practically moving in on Saturday, since we want to be there for Christmas). We also looked at a Honda minivan this afternoon. It took a while, and I had to try out the legroom and how I fit in between both my little sisters' car seats. By the way, the cars are more expensive here too. Vocabulary: Bill, as in check (like for restaurants. I believe we also say bill in the U.S. but just not as much). There are also different ways of spelling things, such as co-operative instead of cooperative. There is also a lot of re instead of er, but for some reason I can't think of any words right now, except for acre. But that is also how it is spelled in the states too, so never mind. The simple thing is that a lot of words that end in er in the states end with re here, like the British.

No comments:

Post a Comment