Google Translate

Monday, December 12, 2011

Birds Birds Birds

There are birds everywhere! There are birds in the trees, on the ground, in the streets, even in the second story of McDonald's! There are sparrows, pigeons, parakeets, magpies, birds that are brown with yellow beaks, birds that are white with red wings. The pigeons and sparrows will get really close to you, because of the food you're eating, and, as I mentioned before (in another post), will really scare you. The magpies just stand there and stare at you, as if seeing where the best place to peck you will be. As for the parakeets, they are really loud, cute, and colorful. They are rainbows too with green, yellow, orange, red, and maybe a little blue. As for the white birds with the red wings, I first saw them today. They're really pretty and have red chests too. The brown birds with yellow beaks are everywhere too. They scout for food like the pigeons and the sparrows, but aren't like getting within five inches of you like the others. They are really noticeable because of their yellow beaks  (canary yellow, if I might add, maybe golden rod) and were the first birds I noticed here. Good news: I have a house now! It is of course a rental, and not as big as any house over in denver but its nice. There are three floors. The highest floor is where my sisters and parents sleep, the second floor is where the kitchen is, and the lowest floor is where I sleep, all by myself. The house (or townhouse, since it IS a townhouse) doesn't have a fridge, a washing machine, or a dryer. The blinds are missing too, but the construction workers are scheduled to put them in sometime soon. We are going to try to live there for christmas eve and christmas, but since we won't have a fridge by then then we will not be able to live there for long because of problems with milk rotting, etc. We have not been able to get another rental car yet, since there was a little confusion with what the tow truck would do with it, but I was indirectly told that we might have it by tomorrow.  Also, today I visited my school for a few hours. The fifth and sixth graders are integrated together, which I find a little confusing. There are also three teachers, which add to the confusion. The school seems nice, along with its inhabitants, and I think I'll have a good school year next year. By the way, the last day of school is Thursday, not this one but the next one. I believe that that will still be Wednesday for you guys. I am really excited for Christmas (in 13 days) because Santa is working hard to get it in shape. My family also celebrates the three kings (January 6th) and they will be working hard soon enough. Vocabulary: Diary, as in planner, agenda. I learned this in school when the teachers said that we had to carry around diaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment