Google Translate

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

YAAAAAY!!!

Just because I can't think of any good post names I have come up with a special word: yaaaaay. just because of that lack of names. But that is not what I am here to talk about. Mom is back- and she is an awesome mom! I did not only get the american saddlebred and quarter horse stallion, but another painting set as well (with the warmblood, cantering warmblood, and scrambling foal)! Here is a picture of the soon- to- be- painted horses:
Going from top row to bottom, left to right: American Saddlebred (Paddock Pals scale), Quarter Horse Stallion (Paddock Pals scale), Cantering Warmblood (Stablemates scale), Warmblood (Stablemates scale), and Scrambling Foal (Stablemates scale).
The saddlebred will be painted first.
Here is the color description for the saddlebred (skip if you do not speak horse): A flaxen chestnut with no markings on right front leg, a high stocking on left front leg, a fetlock on right hind leg, and a sock on left hind leg. Has a star and large snip (maybe broken stripe?), some dapples as well (you should know about those if you're reading the horse articles). Is realistic to breed and can be a pure- bred. Is a mare.
Color description for quarter horse stallion: And extensive black leopard appaloosa. It is rare for quarter horses to be in this color, but possible. A stallion (possibly not purebred, possibly a quarter horse cross).
Color description for cantering warmblood: bay pinto with bald face. Is a pinto dutch warmblood. A mare. Here is one of the reference pictures:

I believe it will suit her. I am still researching the colors for the warmblood and scrambling foal. I will probably discover them soon.
 This is the reference for the warmblood. Here is his color description: Very light grey. Has dapples, dark points on legs, black hooves, and dark mane and tail. Also has dark muzzle. Is a purebred hanoverian stallion.
I only need this one reference picture for him because this pattern is very easy. The hooves will be different (all of the grey), because I like seeing horses with dark hooves where there are white markings instead of light. This is just about personal preference.
This is my reference for the scrambling foal. She will have different foot and facial markings, but that's about it. This pattern is easy to follow as well so I only need one side. The only ones I really need two sides for are the paint and appaloosa. That's it. Here is the color description: red roan with three fetlocksand sock on left hind leg. Has small star and snip on face. Is a mustang filly (I have looked at pictures for all of them and their conformation is right).

Take a look at this next picture:
Look who I believe is finished! I still have to check with my advisor/ teacher, but I believe she is done! This is her prettiest side, I think. It is just because of her mane and tail. I am so happy she is almost finished! Any comments? For a first sculpture she isn't too bad, right? Please comment!

Also, the expo was yesterday. It went so well! I could answer all the questions and it was very cool. I had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment