Google Translate

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Vacation!

Yep! I'm on vacation! And no, not because it is because it is the end of term. Today the teachers of Victoria were protesting since the government promised to give them a pay raise but didn't. Basically all my teachers went to protest. Then tomorrow is vacation to celebrate the Queen's birthday- and Monday too. That might be her actual birthday. But who knows. Anyways, my mom is going to America in a week or so and has offered to get me some stuff I want to buy. I asked her for a horse panting set, to see if I can make decent- looking horses. These are the horses (ignore  color, they will be blank when I paint them):
 This is the saddlebred model, which I think is the best. I will show you my reference color for this one soon.
This is the quarter horse stallion. Since I want these horses to be as realistic as possible, I have researched what color limitations these breeds have. Saddlebreds have none, but quarter horses are restricted in a way. I wanted my quarter horse to be a leopard appaloosa and have discovered that some quarter horses are indeed leopards. So then I started researching, and have come up with two color choices. I am undecided. Could you please help me choose between this one:

And this one?
Please ignore their age groups. I am just looking at color. I love this stallion because I love his pattern, and I love this filly because her pattern is very intricate. I cannot decide. Please help me, and leave a comment below! I will keep reminding you to comment until I actually get these horses and paint them- please give your opinion! I will be keeping count. If you want the first picture, say "The Stallion". If you like the second better, say "The Filly". Please do say- I need more than two votes! Life is going normal. Today I did all my homework and read my book. Nothing interesting. Also, comment about a stable name- I have only two submissions (from now on I will be keeping suggestions in my gmail account and will add any new ones)! Please help. And check my blog about every week. It can't hurt.
Oh yeah, I promised to show you my reference for the american saddlebred:
 This is for the base color. I thought it would look nice. And, of course, this color can be found on saddlebreds.
I will use this picture for the horse's facial markings. I originally wanted these on the quarter horse, but then found out about the appaloosa pattern- I don't think that I could fit this in. I love this facial marking- especially the pink nose. Hopefully these horses will turn out the least bit realistic.







I promise this is the last thing:
Look at Black Caviar! She looks amazing in this picture. I don't know where I found it, but I'm glad I did. This picture looks like it was taken for a movie. Maybe it was shot for something professional. Still. This is a very inspiring picture. I would call it "A New Hope" or "A New Light". Something like that.

2 comments: