Google Translate

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Camp Wyuna

Okay, so I just came back from Camp Wyuna Friday. It was really fun. Here are the activities we did:

-The Canoe Challenge (didn't get to go on a canoe, not me at least)
-Damper making? Something like that.
-Beach Combing
-Giant Sling
-Bike Riding

Yup. The canoe challenge was kind of fun. I say kind of because first I didn't get to actually touch a canoe, second I had to plug holes with stinky water in then and third I get splattered in my arms, face, and other parts of my body with that water. I wasn't very happy about that. But oh well. I kind of liked the overall idea (I just wasn't equipped well for it).
This is not in order, just by the way. The damper making was fun. Damper is a kind of aboriginal bread (correct me if I got the name wrong) and it is weird to make because you get dough all over your fingers. That dough is really stubborn and likes to stick to your fingers. But that was okay. I got to stuff marshmallows and chocolate into it. Then I got to EAT it! It was yummy (but I somehow managed to get melted chocolate all over my hands and face and even my foot). While we were waiting for it to cook we went down to the (gorgeous) beach and got to walk in the water a little. It was fun.
The beach combing was a big walk along the beach. We had to search for seashells and stuff (but didn't get to keep any because it hurts the environment). There was these little competitions for seashells and I won the one for the most bumpiest. I am proud.
The giant sling was awesome.There was these giant slings that three people had to operate. Basically a person got to sling water balloons at people. I was like a magnet for balloons. I had to jump over one, and twist my back for another. I almost got hit in the face two times by the same person. That was why it was so fun! After the giant sling we had extra time so we played the pipe game. It is hard to explain but everybody gets a little segment of pipe and has to pass a ball from pipe to pipe into a container. That was pretty fun. Except we (my team) failed at it a few times. Who cares. We got it in two times.
The bike riding was the best one, I think. It was along the beach. You know, the GORGEOUS beach. Sad thing about it: it is the third most dangerous boating channel or something to  go through. It has a giant rip. One of the Australian prime ministers died because he wouldn't listen to the people who told him that swimming in this place was dangerous. He probably drowned. Also, when we were biking, I was just singing "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh" randomly and then this huge wave comes and I'm like "OH MY GOSH!" It was really funny.
You could not go hungry in that camp either. They keep you well fed. There is Breakfast, morning tea (with no tea), lunch, afternoon tea (again with no tea), and then dinner. The desserts were delicious. Another thing is that the first night we stayed there we had a campfire and roasted marshmallows. I caught mine on fire because it tastes better that way (if you blow it out fast). The second night there was a disco. I tried to do very odd dance moves. When the teachers were giving away awards before we left I was expecting to get the coolest dance move award but got most enthusiastic camper instead. I prefer the last one (although dance moves are cool...).
Also, take a look!
 The little stablemate barn is finished. And I have created the last barn: the schleich one! Yes, I finally got glue sticks! Yes! I'm very excited. I will be in the process of making blankets for all the horses. It is after all winter! I still need a name for my barn. Really.
Oh, and just by the way, my team won 1-0 today. Really happy about that.
So: Please post comment about stable name. I have only gotten two suggestions.
Please also post comment about the stables. Are they good are they bad? I need feedback!
And last: Comment about my actual writing! What do you want to know about life in Australia? Do you want to see more art? What do you want that art to be of (si, papa, lo estoy haciendo me he recordado)? That last part was meant for a person in particular. Not you evil english speakers! Just kidding. I speak english too. So yup. Barn name?Stable comments? Feedback? Artwork? Feel free to comment!


9 comments:

  1. About the stuff we did at school I think you should have gotten the dancing one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, but they are not verry good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. What are not very good? The stables?
      I made these things three years ago, and it was my first time. Do you have any advice that would have helped me to make them better?

      Delete
  4. sorry, but they are not verry good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Blog is awesome to get info, please if you want some business leads so
    MCA Leads

    ReplyDelete