Google Translate

Friday, July 6, 2012

The Stuff of Life

Finally! A new post title. This IS stuff of life. Today it is mostly horsie stuff, though. I'll start with the non- horse stuff, though. It is the weekend now, and Mom is taking a day off on Monday. Then on Tuesday she goes bye- bye again. This time it's for TWO weeks, though. First she will go to Korea, then California, then stay in Denver. Then she'll come home. One week was worse enough. Not TWO!
Onto the horsie stuff! First:
I forgot to show you my wardrobe :) I finally remembered. So here it is. One of the posters I like is at the way bottom right- hand corner. The shirt on the guy says "Oi Poms, keep your hands off our girl!" I love it. Just in case you don't get it, "pom" refers to an english person. It comes from immigration.
I think you know what this project is- the blankets! I have them all colored and all they need to be done is some velcro. I know that some of them are blank, and that's on purpose. I had an incident with a blanket and Miranda that I do not wish to repeat (the sharpie soaked into the plastic and made it blue, I had to use a magic eraser to get it off). They are all very cute and I like the colors I chose.
I wonder what you're thinking when you see this photo. Definitely not what it is. My dear Miranda is entering a model horse SHOW! By the actual Breyer company, too. I repainted her eyes to make them look more realistic (before they were just black), researched all the pieces of tack (saddle, reins, bridle, bit, wraps, bell boots, and splint boots), and I also researched (in the way beginning) if arabians could do cross country. Of course my baby girl could. I'm trying to make this as realistic as I can. Did you notice that the reins are floating in mid- air? They're meant to look like someone's holding them.
And this? This is a cross- country jump. Made by me :) I really hope the picture turns out well and the judge will understand that this is my first show. I am also going to ask for some feedback. I am really happy right now! I just need to correct a few little things on the jump and find a good place to take a picture. I think I will also be taking scissors with me so that I can cut the grass really short in the picture. Scale will always be a pain (since these horses are so much smaller than we are!).

6 comments:

  1. so you hand made the whole horse!!!!!??????!!!!!!
    That is awesome good luck on the contest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I do at least hope that I get some feedback from the judge... although getting first place or even second would be FENOMENAL! Problem is, there are only two categories: 17 and under and 18 and over. I've seen girls my age who own a $100 airbrush and are able to sell their customs for like $65 or more... I think they are good like that in shows, too. There must be some tough competition out there.

      Delete
  2. Good luck! I hope you win the competition. Miranda looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Miranda is really cool- I am lucky to have her!

      Delete
  3. Wow melana thats really really cool!!!!! I wish you the best of luck!!!!! Sorry i havent commented before:( -maya (stone)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's okay that you haven't commented, other people haven't either :) As long as I know who you are (which I do now).

      Delete