Google Translate

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I Know Why Everything is so Expensive (well, at least the food)!

I am studying water management at school right now, so... I found out why everything is so expensive (at least the food). Anyways, its because farmers take all their water for irrigation on their farms from the Murray river. But the environmentalists are saying that they are taking too much and making the river unhealthy. So the government told the farmers to take less water to have crops. Therefore, the farmers can grow less crops, making them more expensive. So now everyone is mad and the government is trying to find a solution. Seriously, the environmentalists can't get the farmers to ever use less to make the river healthier, the farmers want more water to grow their crops, and the community is mad because they want more food and for it to be expensive. So that is the story. Anyways, today was the swim carnival. On my first race (the freestyle) I got third place out of four, so I did not do very good. But on my second race I got second place out of six! That was really cool. I got a gummy snake after each race and in the end got a popsicle. But I had to wait an eternity to swim. In the sun! I am so tired right now. Anyways, I did have class for the rest of the day, where we talked about deslination plants. And believe it or not, it is interesting stuff. Today was also my dad's birthday, so happy birthday to him! I gave him a painting. And also we had dinner out tonight, so that was fun. Anyways, yesterday we had croissants  for breakfast, since it was valentine's day. I gave everyone valentines, and we had to go to school. The weird thing about valentine's day here is that they don't celebrate it at school. Well, I have my theory that everyone barely knows anybody, but still. The day before that I didn't do much. Oh, guess what, tonight I saw a purple car!

1 comment:

  1. I thought that was an excellent summary of the irrigation problem, great to see you have been listening in class!

    I think I may have found a solution to the current lack of an Italian teacher too, how about you teach the class Spanish!?! Not sure if we could convince the boss to pay you, but surely it would mean you could use the staffroom at lunchtimes (there's a fridge, microwave, toaster oven). On the otherhand, maybe you should just keep enjoying being a student for now...

    Say happy birthday to your Dad, it was wonderful of him to help out at the swim carnival on his birthday.

    A.

    (PS. wonderful to see you using technology to express your thoughts/experiences!)

    ReplyDelete