Google Translate

Monday, March 5, 2012

Sorry!

Sorry I haven't been online for a few days... on Friday I thought that I would wait till Saturday, but then on Saturday I didn't get time to write. Then on Sunday I didn't want to stay up too late, so... I didn't write. On Friday Monkey had a picnic for school: we went to the park next door and had pizza and stuff. I got famous for my animal noises (pig, horse, donkey, cat, bird, duck, big cat, and other things). On Saturday I went to a party of my mom's to celebrate a wedding anniversary and going to move somewhere else. We made biscuits at home and brought them there. There was tons of food (especially desert!). We came back home late. And on Sunday... we went to the Melbourne Museum. Guess what I saw: Phar Lap, the famous race horse. Not like a painting of him or anything, but the actual him. No, he is not alive. He is stuffed, stuffed like a bird or fox or something! He is in a glass display case, and he is huge! It was really cool seeing him. This horse is special because he was a very succesful race horse in very hard times in Australia. A few days (or weeks?) after he raced a race in America (and a very rich one, too. He won.), he died at age 4. He was poisoned by something: I think they had that thing in one of his medicines but he ingested too much. Foul play was also suggested, but the truth has never been discovered.
Anyways, the rest of the museum was cool too. There was a lot of australian history, dinosaurs, and rooms and rooms full of stuffed animals! It was so amazing! Today I had school again... there is not much to tell.

Note: for those who do not know what stuffed animals are. A stuffed animal is basically an animal's skin that has been taken off the body (obviously after it has died) and stuffed with straw or something. They could almost be alive... except they aren't!

No comments:

Post a Comment