Google Translate

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Parakeets

My topic is Parakeets because there are lots of parakeets here. This morning I was walking to a soccer game and one almost smashed into my face (like the pigeons). This was because there is a tree in someone's yard close to a park that lots of parakeets stay in. Also, during soccer practice, there are also tons of parakeets flying around (like 50 of them or something) and we often scare them away when we go jogging. The ones during soccer practice are very dull, but the ones close to the park were very bright. I have also seen them in other places (one location being in a tree next to the same park, that was the first time I saw wild parakeets). My mom has also apparently seen a parrot a few days ago, and the cockatoos are super loud.

Anyways, as I said, a parakeet flew into my face on my way to a soccer game. That game turned out really well: 4-0. My team won. I didn't score any goals, but I was close to... I was running hard. I had fun- and my team won! Last season I played only one goal was scored (in the WHOLE season) and that was because I ran really hard (like today). My team lost every single game, so it was a little disappointing- but who cares? Now I'm happy, and at least my salary doesn't depend on the team winning (I don't even have a salary).
And one more thing: I have decided to make a traditional arabian horse costume! Not a real one, of course- but one for one of my toy horses that looks like this:

Cool, right? I decided to do it for this one since it is a part- bred arabian- and it is my biggest horse! I read a model horse tack- making article and saw that I had to have my references, so here they are (mine of course will have some ideas of mine so it will be different):









This is the full tack set and a halter (which I just used for a bridle).














So yeah... hopefully it'll turn out well! It is going to be a blue- green (its kind of like tye- dye) saddle and bridle. It won't be quite as detailed as these pieces- but it definitely will have tassels and a bit! It will take forever to make (because of the tassels) but I will do it anyways- and maybe it'll be worth it. I'll keep you posted. It is already started (I am about to sew the main saddle part together). And yes, for those who don't know me so well... I am a great lover of horses, and like making crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment