Google Translate

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

1- Year Anniversary

I know what you're thinking- WHAT anniversary is this? Well... it's been a year (haha).
Nah, just kidding! It's been a year since we got to Australia (to think- I've stayed on one continent for a whole year)! Also, on the 16th it was the blog's birthday. Should I say happy birthday (because it is WRITTEN on the blog)?
Alright, just some news.
I am preparing for graduation. I will be the only girl wearing a skirt (since everyone else is wearing a dress- haha, I'm special!), have already written my one- minute speech (and NO- gingersnap and I DO NOT know when our new movie is coming out, so don't ask!), and started working on my box (it is a box to show what I have done in school). Pretty cool stuff.
Anyways, I have incredibly good news:
 Preparing for launch...
And he is OFF!!!!
Oh yes! With the first glue I tried he kind of just stood there a second, then started sinking down. With the second try... well, I accidentally left him standing on my desk all day rather than lay him down. Which goes to show: buy Tarzan glue. Not UHU (oh, try saying the abbreviation, it's hilarious!) glue. So- I'm very happy on the respect.
Oh yes- Breyer FINALLY released Black Caviar. I don't know why I always look forward to these things, but I do (*Sigh*).
Oh, and by the way, that picture is terrible.
I have been meaning to draw Green Moon's (the Melbourne Cup winner's) face. Haven't got around to it.
This is "Le Dress". I just drew it really randomly (but I think I did a pretty good job with the coloring).
 Okay, so this is a page from a book about the medieval times (it's awesome). I was thinking (since I like the little ribbons they put on the horses' rumps): I don't necesarily need to do armor, just something medieval. So now instead of thinking of drawing BC (Black Caviar from now on) with armor, I was considering drawing her with this tack (or I could be productive and do both).
Anyways, this is the model I would use. I can see enough (but sadly I cannot look at the whole page anymore, because... well... it's in a box- will explain later).
Anyways, I will post a quick questions post on the armor/ hunting tack question, so tell me there!
This is the horses in armor from Snow White and the Huntsman (OMG, the queen is HILARIOUS). I had a fleeting glimpse in one of the battle scenes of what I thought was chainmail on the rump of the horse (which turns out to be fabric in this picture, but still). I immediately thought of cute little pink pony and now he's going to have chainmail on his rump.
This is a very excellent reference that I have for the armor as well. I especially love the bit (I have to enlarge it now...). The bit (the part the goes into the mouth) is amazing. I have to use it in the drawing now.
 One word: Phantom.
That's what I named it.
It looked SO much better in real life.
But cameras aren't eyes.
OMG! HILARIOUS FAT BIRD!!
I was looking in my bird guide and found this little ball of fluff. It will be a future drawing (once I get the book out of the box again).
I seriously had a fit when I saw this. It is the funniest bird ever!
I do seriously like pie. I just couldn't help myself. I HAD to make a screen that said "I Like PIE". The consequences are that whenever I turn on my ipod I HAVE to say "I Like PIE", and that I also spontaneously say "I Like PIE" a lot. It's hilarious.
Anyways, so you want to know why all my books are sitting in a box? We're moving! So now my bookshelf is empty, my posters are gone, and my room is a bit more organized (but not much).
I am also very excited about my new school, well... except for the uniforms. In the summer we wear those blue striped granny dresses. In the winter we have to tie our own tyes. Meh. Not exactly looking forward to that, but hey, I did get the school I wanted!
This is the random picture.
So, do you know how the myth of unicorns started? Goats. The ones with one horn, to be exact. Don't ask how goats got turned into horses. Just... a goat with one horn is pretty rare.
Last thing:
 Weirdest books in the world: Zombies v.s. Unicorns and Princesses.
And I haven't even READ Princesses. I've just looked at the pictures.
And also: trust me. You'd think I'd know.

No comments:

Post a Comment