Google Translate

Friday, October 12, 2012

Random Stuff that has Happened Lately

Umm... not much to say. School started Monday, we've started doing school stuff again... the usual.
I was just watching Prank Patrol a few minutes ago... Prank Patrol is a TV show where they find a some kids who want to prank their friends or family or something. Every single time I watch that show, I always think "Hm, it would be awesome if one of MY friends pranked me." Then I proceed to think about how. "It would be awesome if she like pranked me by like having people dress up as characters from the book I'm reading and scare me while I annoy her by reading my book instead of playing with her." Now THAT would be awesome. I wish I could prank myself, but frankly, I can't. So too bad.
I really only have to talk about some projects. First, old ones (that I've finished):
 I always think, whenever I see this, that it is the cutest thing. And look at my reference picture:
I think my version is so much better (so much CUTER). Just keep in mind, this was drawn like when I was eight. Still pretty good, though :)
 This one I drew in the summer of 2011. I was 10, and I think it was RIGHT before I discovered CMM.
(Look down) This one, same thing. It looks like it's like staring at you. Both of them (BTW, these were drawn when I was 10).
 Para mis seguidores Espanoles (for my spanish followers).
(look down) This was most likely my reference picture (it was summer 2011, too, so I don't know).
And everyone will recognize this guy (I hope)!
Anyways, I will show you another photo that I might us for a drawing someday:
(yes, I had to make it bigger- better quality!!) Yes, I never get the drawings done. It is always a constant stream of thinking, not doing. Most of the time.
To prove that point:
Remember these girls?

(look to side) Well, take a look at THIS girl:
Yeah. Same reference. Same person. Just a different age (I think I drew the older one when I was 8 or 9, maybe even 10).
Miss Kitty is not finished. I've still got her whole lower body to do (not to mention the sofa background)! Sometimes when I'm just working on her I stop for a moment and feel really sad. We had to leave her in America when we moved, and then she was put down a few months ago when they had to start force- feeding her. It was for the best, but I do miss her. I've always loved cats. I think cats seem to like me, too (maybe because I try so hard to find them). I'll have to finish her soon (the drawing).
On another note, activity on my stories that I have been writing for the past (4-5 years?) has picked up again. I think my wanting to do things has to do with like warmer weather, because last summer I went crazy at drawing and writing. Now I'm starting to pick it up again (especially the drawing, the writing, not- so- much).
Since I have given the drawing report, I will give the writing report.
I made up a new story like a week ago or something called "Catrin". It might change, and she isn't QUITE the main character, but the story kind of revolves around her (that doesn't make sense, does it? Never mind). Anyways, I won't say anymore than that it is about Mongolian Horses, Pegasi, and something in between.
Next, I FINALLY made up a plan for "Katrina" (that is why I am trying to figure out a new name for the other story, you know, "Catrin", and "Katrina"). I got stuck in the middle of writing it last year because I had no idea what to do at the end, and how that would affect the rest of the story. I finally decided. It doesn't really affect the beginning of the book, but the end part is caused by her... well, death. Luke solves the rest (you have no idea what I'm talking about, but I'm not going to explain). Poor guy. It is pretty tragic (not just because of that, but because of the way WAY end. Nope. No explanation).
Extra info on Katrina: it is basically based on the Percy Jackson series (read it right now), except I have some different ideas on gods and how many there are and about monsters. I also named Katrina after hurricane Katrina. No, I don't know how I came up with that. But I think it's a good idea (and also because the name Katrina means "pure"... I don't really know how it fits her, but anyways, I just have the feeling it does). Katrina's probably my most complicated story of them all (although Catrin might be a rival for that award).
And then of course I have "No Normal Horses". That one started way back in '08. I was 7. Since then, I have developed five different copies (one of them is unfinished- and it won't get finished- but still), and I'm still aiming for more. I have always wondered, how do writers know when their stories are ready to go to the editor? I mean, my case is that every single time I have finished this story I have thought, oh, this is it! But then the next year I say "Oh, this sounds so childish and cheesy, I have to fix it!" So I'm going to try to re- write it (for the fifth time) and see how I do. Next year I'll probably come back to it. Anyways, what I have been working on for this story is the questions that are asked of the magical horses (three for each, this story used to be called "The Three Steps"). So far I have come up with three, one for each. I think they're okay (the thinking behind them might sway the crowd to a different answer than the one they think), but I can't think of anything else (and believe me, I tried for like a whole half hour today). I am also thinking of writing a plan, getting it all straight. You want  to know how this story was inspired?
I remember reading this book called something "Monkey" something, "Monkey Do". The main character was named Ruby, and somehow that name immediately got me started on a story about magical horses. Don't ask. But anyways, in one of my versions it was dedicated to Peggy Rathman, the author of this book. One of my theories of how it was inspired is this:
(look down) This is Starlight. She is a little pony I got as a gift for something in preschool (I remember taking her out of my little cubby- she was in a purple bag, and from some boy with dark hair). I don't know if she actually inspired part of the story (remember, this is a theory), but one of the magical horses in the story is a sparkly one. Originally I called them "Fireworks", but then I settled with "Magic Horses". Anyways, a few days ago I just randomly picked her up and took her little blanket off, and then I have the sudden realization that she could have shaped part of my story! Then I shall go to the next phase of inspiration:
This is Googie. He is a Webkinz grey arabian.
There is also the Magic Horse in my story. His name is Googie. He is a sparkly grey.
Yeah. I don't know if I had his color settled before I got this boy, but after I got him it was official: Googie is the grey sparkly magic horse, a dapple grey in normal horse form. Over the years the other characters' names have changed (from Starburst to Royce, from something to Kik, etc.), but this guy's has stayed firm. Even Ruby's slipped a bit (I don't know how, but when I read that today I was not very happy with my ten- year- old self). Anyways, this story has a pretty crazy history. I literally forgot it for two years and then wrote it again without realizing that I had an original copy. When I finally did, a year had already passed. I seriously have no clue how it survived (and no, it wasn't Googie, I got him when I started writing again, and no, it wasn't Starlight because I only realized her possible role in this story a few days ago). It's pretty awesome, though. It's like it was meant to be.
I'll get on to the last story: The Story of a Family. This one I wrote last year, and don't have much to change. Just a few touch ups here and there. Definitely more detail in the fighting scene. My friends and I actually tried to make a series out of it (for Youtube after CMM). Sadly we only got to finish the first episode, but it wasn't TOO bad (okay, maybe it was. I sounded TERRIBLE). So that's about it for that story.
List of Inspirations (in order of story appearance in my life):
No Normal Horses (first named "The Lost Magical Horses"): Peggy Rathman's book, possibly Starlight, and Googie.
Katrina: The Percy Jackson series, and possibly hurricane Katrina.
The Story of a Family: My first, original four model horses.
Catrin: Two Schleichs and a Papo (more horses).
So yeah. Sorry about the long ramble on my stories (I would like to be a published author someday, and even if I'm not, just have some really good stories with some really good illustrations- I'm SO looking forward to drawing Katrina soon)!

No comments:

Post a Comment