Google Translate

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Crazy Birthday Parties Rock!

Yeah, you guessed it. I just had a crazy birthday party! We were running around, throwing stuffed animals down the steps, watching korean pop, playing hide and seek, playing sardines, playing murderer in the dark, and decorating cupcakes (and also watching "Let's Make a Movie" from Tropfest, highly recommended). There was no need of a soccer game, I got a lot of exercise. Yeah. It was super fun. I also got  a dreamcatcher, an epic scroll about my zodiac (which is  Zirgo? Girdo? No, it is Virgo), two books (one about a boy who turns into a cat after an accident and one about a girl that doesn't want to go to a boarding school because of a war), four epic tiger, zebra, giraffe, and leopard glow sticks, and a set about making origami shapes (which actually looks awesome).
I'll talk about my Zodiac sign. It says:
My element is earth (I would prefer sky...)
My Positive Traits are: Perfectionist (yeah), honest (maybe?), curious (that's what my teacher says), healer (what?!), and modest (?). Actually, I guess I am kind of a healer in a way. Whenever one of my friends are down, I'm kind of a clown so I always manage to cheer them up (by accident, because usually it involves falling over). And this is according to Dapples. That's what she says.
Anyways: My Negative Traits Are: Self- Righteous (sometimes, but not always), worrier (yeah. Definitely), critical (I would say so).
My animal totem is a kitty! Yay!
My flower is a Buttercup. They're nice.
My crystal (crystals, can't you count?) are agate and jasper (agate it cool, jasper... it's okay).
Apparently my image is neat? You call this
neat (ehem)?
Anyways, I really like it. Next step: finding a place to hang it up. The dream catcher already took the giant (very very dusty) butterfly’s place (I really like the dreamcatcher, the last one I had came from the dollar store and I gave it to my sisters because I got tired of it).
On another branch of this topic (what are you saying?): my birthday is very spread out this year. My party is (was? it's still Sunday) on Sunday, my actual birthday on Tuesday (with presents from family), mom said that one of my presents was going to arrive late (Wednesday, Thursday, maybe even Friday?), and my birthday dinner is on Friday (because Dad has to work Tuesday). I don't care. That way I get to enjoy it more (but oh, the suspense!!).
Yeah, today my grandparents called and asked if I was going to get a (model) horse (note: whenever I say horse I mean model horse). I said "probably". Yeah. I've kind of prepared an empty space on my clothes dresser where it can sit on. I can't help it. I even checked that every single one of my horses can fit on there. I'm kind of a perfectionist (Zodiac reference, see, it's right!).
Anyways, I'll stop with my birthday stuff. What about some projects?
First, someone asked me if this was done:
(the running foal drawing) Yes, it is. Some drawings I don't think are finished unless they are fully drawn in. Others... they're fine on the first step. Like this one. Lately I've been feeling the need to make more detailed ones, but this one is done. Yeah. Artist's instinct, don't ask.
Next:
 I worked a bit on the quarter horse body today. His neck is finished.
 This is the other side. I have references from two different horses, and personally I like the secondary one better than the primary one. Mostly because I'm doing better on the left side rather than the right. It's not the horse's fault.
 Here is the finished face, which I kind of made up in 10 seconds. I like it.
This is the bottom of the neck (3D is so hard to show!).
Yeah, I think I'm progressing well with him (despite the obvious pencil marks :P). I try to at least do a few dots a day. Which I have been doing quite well, actually (revolutionary? Let's see if I can keep it up throughout the whole project). Poor Flame is just kind of sitting on the shelf, with some of his fire just sadly green (green is a color that can be made in fire, but I want yellow). I woud also like to mention this little picture:
Since this guy is retired and he's an artist resin anyway (artist resin= big whole in your pocket), I'm going to draw him. He's my favorite artist resin of all time. This one in particular (in the picture) is being sold for (at least) $375. Me wish, but it's a big no-no (by my terms, I haven't said anything to anyone). Anyways. I'm drawing it (different color, stop putting in extra commentary!). I'll be calling it Windswept (it isn't actually my favorite side of the horse, but for drawing purposes I do... don't ask). And for thise who just read my extra commentary:
That's my favorite side. I don't know why I'm not drawing it. Maybe it is my (just made up) "artist's instinct".
So yeah! Today was awesome and may all kitties live forever (what am I saying?)!
Wait, what? I was about to end the post? Naughty.
OMG! This is the last one! There are more, but either I don't get them or they don't make me laugh (internally or out loud).
Well, in this one My Little Ponies show their true colors, and wild mustangs... well, we all know they're territorial.

1 comment: